CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, October 5, 2007

"How Much"?

"How much does this cost", is the question of the day. Today I had a garage sale! It's alot of work trying to keep a straight face when someone offers a $1 for $25 item that has never been used.

It took me back to my retail days. "Hi, how are you"? and what do you as the consumer usually say? "I'm just looking", that's great but that's not what I asked. Others, on the other hand just want someone to talk to.

By having a garage sale , I met alot of great people! I had one two weeks ago, made enough money for Xmas and little something for myself. The best thing is that I got the opportunity to meet my neighbors. I have lived here for almost 5 years and not met any of my neighbors. I met a neighbor across the street that many of you know. What a coincidence!!! (I would add her link, but like I admitted...I'm computer illiterate).

So, not only did I get to meet some cool people, I got to buy a "watch". Not just any watch but a "Garmin Forerunner GPS" watch. I was turned on to this watch by my good friend Jessica. I began running a few months ago and am loving it. This watch tells me my calories burned, distance, average and best time per mile and much, much more!

So, I have to ask myself "How much"?
My answer, "Much, much worth it"!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ona,

I am SO glad we finally met you guys! You are so sweet. I am so looking forward to attending a MOPS meeting with you after our baby is born.

I can't believe we have both been here 5 years and never met! Such a small world that we have friends in common, too.

Good luck with the garage sale tomorrow, you are so dedicated.

I'm so glad you're enjoying your Garmin, its sounds like such an amazing tool. Oh, I finished Grey's Anatomy, and you were right, it was REALLY good, now I can hardly wait until next week!!

See you soon!

Meghan :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, to think that you are going on two weeks of a garage sale. I'm glad I convinced you to have one...or else what would you have had to write about? Definitely not a Garmin :) Love you.

LizzyG said...

Holy Smokes!!! Is it the Garmin Forerunner 205 or 305? I want one of those so bad!!! I too started running (on 2-14-07 to be exact), and am hooked. I hate to announce this to Blogland, but, I'm running a half-marathon in November, and I have been eyeing that watch! I have this horrible fear that I'm going to be running 20 min. miles and not realize it, and the race will be long over.....I need that watch!!!

Sharon said...

Wow~way to go! On both the earning of the runner's watch and the reason for needing one! Very impressive!

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I saw the sale going on as I was driving by. Well, technically, Morgan saw it, but we were on our way somewhere and couldn't stop in. Morgan was so disappointed.

You must have had tons of traffic! That's awesome that you were able to get a little gift for yourself as a reward. That makes all the haggling and work well worth it.