CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Guilty!

Yesterday morning began with a very cold morning, but I had a garage full of things to sell. By 9am my garage sale was set to go. At 10:30 my sister and I came to the conclusion that a big $5 in 1 hour and a half was not worth the cold breeze hitting us in the face. Seriously...we looked like idiots out there. We decided to close up shop.

I was in such a hurry to get everything in before that one person out of no where showed up to browse. We, or should I say myself was going at a million miles a minute. One last table to bring in and then it happened. Oh!!! I just couldn't bare to see it. My sister and I just stared at each other. "What should I do" almost in tears by this moment. She said, "Ona, what were you thinking...I told you to slow down". She suggested we go to Target and blame a runaway shopping cart. I told her I just had to tell Dave, so I went inside to face the consequences. As I entered, my husband was in a very bad mood, stressed tired and raising his voice. My response, "Honey, let me take the girls and leave you alone to relax for awhile". We headed off to Target! Can you guess what I said when we got home?

"Dave, don't get mad, I just don't know how it happened but the car", that's as far as I got and he was in the garage.
"------- people, mother -------, Idiots and so on and so on. I couldn't tell him the truth, I just couldn't. I felt horrible! I'm lying to my husband, but at the same time I was saving my butt.

The night went on, we were both not in the best moods. But before bed he looked at me and apologized for the way he treated me the last few day and told me he loved me. That did it!!! I cant do this...I can't keep it a secret. I lost it and and ever so shyly said, "I'm the idiot". "What are you talking about", he asked. "I did it", and started tearing up. "You hit the car" he asked.

I pleaded guilty!!!

He told me he loved me and was sorry he had made me feel that I needed to lie to him.

Never again will I lie. I'm such a sucker for his "I love you's".

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you could go to church with a clear conscience this morning :)

Valerie of Momia said...

OH, ONA!!!!

I'm glad you were able to confess. (I'm sure it wasn't easy.) I'm also glad I was not in your shoes. I'm sure it wasn't a fun place to be!!!

Horray for clear consciences! :)

Rachel said...

Hi Ona, I'm Meghan's friend and I linked to your blog from hers. Welcome to blogland!
I can totally relate to feeling so guilty about something but not wanting to admit it. My parents had a way of making it easier to pretend you had no idea what had happend as opposed to telling the truth.
Scott and I bought a brand new Tahoe 7 years ago and then one week later I ran the drivers side mirror into the dropbox at the post office!!! Those mirrors stick out A LOT!! I rubbed most of the blue paint off, but I waited a few days before I could even tell him (thank goodness for me he never noticed before that!) All he did was laugh at me for being so scared to tell him and now he teases me to be careful anytime I have to use a dropbox of any kind...but it happens to the best of us!!

Anonymous said...

Ona, you did not tell anyone about the spill on my carpet....and the spill on the table...last night

Anonymous said...

How far can we go back with these confessions?

LizzyG said...

I love the fact that you had the guts to share this story. And I think it's a wonderful example of the commitment of marriage. It's the day to day stuff that's hard. Messing up, letting each other down, and then FORGIVING each other.....every day!

This story made me think of Ephesians 4:25 & 26:
Therefore each of you must put off falsehood and speak truthfully to his neighbor (aka husband:)), for we are all members of one body. In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.

So glad it ended with "I love yous". That's true unconditional love!

Sharon said...

I echo Liz's comment~such a great lesson for us all! I'm glad you got it all out in the open! That's such a better feeling than hiding it and feeling weird forever. God must have known what He was talking about in Ephesians! : ) I love that you shared this!

Glory Laine said...

Ugg! I know this feeling I have so been there. It does feel goo to clear the air and know that we are still loved even if we are just seconds away from being major screw ups. Great Post!