CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Amazing Race!

Today, I had a very awful day. My morning began with Kaia and Jasmynn both crying and/or whining. I didn't stop till I finally got Kaia down for a nap. Which was a challenge in itself. I kid you not...crying and crying for five hours. After trying to get Kaia down the first time, I had just about had it and began to weep. Jasmynn in the mean time was whining about whatever she could whine about, which is anything and everything!!!

By 12:45 pm I marched right into my bedroom where my husband was still sound asleep and demanded he get up. Selfish? Maybe! But I was going to seriously loose it. He woke up, not a happy camper I might add, but he did. In about five minutes I was geared up and ready for my "personal race."

I took this time to just relax and pray for some patience. I ran one, then two and few more. I was almost there just a few more blocks back to "home sweet home." Yes, I did it!!! I was a winner. I had won fifty minutes of "me" time, fifty minutes of calories burned and the grand prize... fifty minutes of peace and quiet.

11 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Man what is with this day? My kids had me in tears today too. Let's hope the full moon passes.

Tiffany said...

Desperate times call for desperate measures! You go mommy!

Lindsay said...

Way to go! It's amazing how a little fesh air, silence and time to yourself will work wonders :)

Rachel said...

I am so happy that going for a run gives you mental health! What a great way to "escape". I hope things are better today.
Please let the sun come back!!!

Angela said...

Glad you were able to get a little break.
Yesterday was insane here also. I was about ready to loose my MIND!

Stefanie said...

It must be the weather...my kids have been pretty good. It's my mood. I was about to google postpartum depression, and settled on blog comments instead. I'm partly joking/partly not.

You've inspired me to at least go stare at my treadmill.

Unknown said...

I know because I talked to you earlier that today is much better than yesterday, but I am still so sorry yesterday was so frustrating for you! I am hoping the backpack will help you with Kaia! Looking forward to tomorrow night!!

Lara said...

What us moms have to go through is just something else. Some days like today actually I get visions of the mental hospital down the road thinking is that where I am headed? lol. My escapes are chai tea, naps, computer time and songwriting.

So glad to hear you were able to get a break and breathe !!!!

Sharon said...

I'm so glad you have that outlet, Ona! That's awesome~good for you! Hopefully yesterday was a better day all around!

Lion Heart said...

i love running. there is just something about physically running away from something that is driving you crazy that brings such a sweet relief. plus, the peace and quiet, and the time to pray, and the exercize and calories burned you said it right girl. running is the best! glad you did it!

Anonymous said...

Never hurts a daddy to be involved...really important for a mommy to know her limits and take care of herself...that way she's a a better mom and wife. Of course they'll be times hubby won't help or can't and for those times there's mommy-grace. Whew.

"Run the race with endurance..."

Bless you, Patsy (yep) ;-)