CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, July 28, 2008

Transition!

Kaia's a ''big" girl and loving it!

Here she's showing off she can jump:)



Last night was Kaia's first night sleeping in her toddler bed and slept all night too. Hooray...I thought I might have to put her crib rail back up in the middle of the night. Nope, she surprised me!

I had planned on leaving her in a crib a bit longer but after a trip to "Ikea", I changed my mind.

Yesterday, we headed to "Ikea" and the little toddler beds were so adorable. I got the idea, "hey, maybe it's time to transition her into a "big girl" bed. Kaia chose her new bedding, I gave her a choice of three, and she chose "Hippos".

I had a different image of her room, but, oh well!

Here she is pretending to sleep.



I did choose a couple "girly" night lights. I just loved these the last time I was there. So, before bedtime or naps, she gets to choose which night light she would like to have on.

So far the flower has won 2 out of 3.





This afternoon, before nap time, she was so excited to hop into bed. Without being rocked or a cup of milk, she tucked herself in, I gave her a kiss and she put herself to sleep.

Tonight went well again...so far that is!

(sigh!) She's growing up!

12 comments:

Alida said...

It is so bittersweet, isn't it? It's nice that they are growing up and don't need us so much, then again...they don't need us so much!

Tiffany said...

I have to admit I am a fan of that hippo bedding. She has good taste!

Molly said...

Sigh she is growing up. Yes, but hey she is sleeping in her bed, can I give three cheers here for that? Yea for Kaia and you too. I sure hope it sticks.

I love those nightlights. I still have not made it to IKEA, maybe I should go for the nightlights alone.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a big girl.

Janell said...

Good girl Kaia. Can you come to aunties house and teach your baby cousin how to sleep through the night?! I love your new bed and the hippos too. Love you, Auntie Janelly

LizzyG said...

What a big girl! And what a cute new bed. I Love the Hippos, very original!

Olivia and I just wathced her jumping video, and Olivia said, "do it again!"

So we've watced Kaia jumping in her bed about 5 times now!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love the night lights too! Maybe that's all she needed to sleep better...good thinkin' Mom!

Angela said...

Love the hippos!

What a cute room!

your little baby is growing up!

Team Johnston said...

What a cute room! Love the night lights and the hippo bedding, super cute!
~Danielle :)

Rachel said...

I hope she's still doing a good job of sleeping in her "big girl" bed! I love that you let her pick out her hippo sheets! You are such a good mom! Her room looks adorable!

Stefanie said...

Congrats on the big transition - Maisie is still in her playpen with crib over top...that's for my sake though.

So glad she is doing well with it. IKEA is fun huh?!

Sharon said...

Oh! Her room is just so sweet! I want to come take a nap in it! : )