CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Not Too Fast Mom...

Lesson learned, don't change what works.
Kaia was on a great sleeping schedule, great naps and sleeping through the night. However, stupid mommy thought I'd speed things up a bit and put her in a big girl bed.
The excitement of a new bed for her lasted maybe a couple days. Since then there has been many sleepless nights and a very grouchy two year old.
I couldn't take it anymore!
Little Kaia is back in a crib!
Last night I got myself a Starbucks coffee, went to MOPS and then came home to put a crib together.
Can you guess what I'm listening to at this very moment? Just the taps of a keyboard blogging, because Kaia is sound asleep in her crib for a much needed nap!
The little girl just wants to stay a baby a little bit longer...and I'm okay with that:)

9 comments:

Glory Laine said...

I am so happy you are getting some much needed rest. Happy quite time!

Valerie of Momia said...

I REALLY want to keep Makayla in a crib until...she's 18. No, really, for as long as I can. I don't want to deal with the training that needs to take place in order for her to stay in place! Not now, not anytime soon. I want to wait until she's older and can better understand and rationalize things. (Understand that she must stay in bed. That she can't get up and play in her room. That she can't go wondering in the house....oh, I see mischief, and possibly accidents, just waiting to happen.) Like potty training, I think that toddler bed training will be easier if I wait until Makayla's really ready. Really ready for it to only take days at most. Less frustration. Less stress. All around. Those are my thoughts. And now you have 'em whether you wanted them or not! ;)

Dude, I'm sorry you took down the crib and had to reassemble it! It is a bit of a task!!

Tiffany said...

Oh my...very good notes to scrawl into the back of my brain! I'm gonna remember this lesson!

And you aren't stupid...just...experimental!

Alida said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alida said...

Sorry, I messed up my comment, let's try again.

Since I am an old mom and there is no way we are having anymore, I want my kids to remain my babies for as long as possible. Things like weaning or even big beds don't occur to me until something drastic happens.

My kids were off bottles when they were way too old to have them, because we went on a trip and I forgot to pack them.

Isabela is in a big girl bed (at 4 years of age)because one night I realized the girl literally didn't fit in her crib! Sad.

Oh, did I mention I'm homeschooling because the school seemed way too big to let my little one loose in.

Yes, I'm one of THOSE moms! lol

Angela said...

Oh man it sounds like a good idea to me. Sleeping children!!!

Love you header picture!

Linnea said...

I wonder if I could get Aliyah back in a crib? I'm with ya, I don't think Kaia was quite ready.

Unknown said...

I'm quickly learning, its all about trial and error with kids! You try and if it doesn't work, you go back to what did! :)

Happy McNally Mom said...

HAPPY SLEEP GIRL!!!!!!!