CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, September 19, 2008

Crazy Lady @ The Bridal Shop!

As some of you know, my baby sister is getting married. Yay, for her and a bit of a bummer for me.
My 10 year anniversary came and went and Dave and I swore for our 15th Anniversary next year we would renew our vows on the beach of Maui. Well, my sister has decided to get married in Hawaii as well. Of course I'll be there, however, Dave and I will probably have to wait for our trip. My sister mentioned she wouldn't mind us renewing our vows at the same time since our family will be there anyway. Nice gesture, but, wouldn't do that to her.

Okay back to the story....

Today my mom, sister and I went wedding dress shopping. Oh my gosh...you would have thought I was the bride. So many beautiful dresses. Some of you have seen my big fluffy dress in a previous blog. I just wanted to see what I would look like in something more modern.
My mom said "go ahead, the lady knows your renewing your vows, she won't mind."
No!:)
Okay!!! It didn't take long to change my mind.
My mom picked out a hair piece and viola....Crazy Lady in the room!



Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Angela said...

How PRETTY and fun trying dresses on....and what a sweet sister you have!!!

Alida said...

Oh gosh, when I was 19, I'd go to bridal shops with friends just to try on gowns. We'd lie about the date and take turns being the bride at different shops.

That dress is beautiful. My goal was to fit into my bridal dress on our 10th anniversary and we would renew our wedding vows.

It doesn't look like either one is going to happen! :) Oh well, at least ten years later I'm still happily married and that's whats important.

Ona said...

Alida...you just gave me a great idea. Anyone want to go shopping?
JUST KIDDING!
Funny thing is, when I got home I tried my own wedding gown. Surprisingly it fit:) And my sister and mom got a good laugh!

Janell said...

Ona you are so crazy! I cant say that I blame you.....trying on wedding dresses is so fun.

Alida said...

I'll go shopping with you. I just know those bridal consultants will try to sell me a "mother of the bride" ensemble!

How depressing! Never mind...have fun with out me.

Tiffany said...

That is a stunning gown! Love the cut of it on the waist! I remember going to shop for my wedding dress with my mom - it was the best day and I didn't come home empty handed (three stores later and a gazillion dresses tried on).

Valerie of Momia said...

Ona, you are a funny lady. I can just see you in the bridal shop. I remember how much fun that was when I got married the first time. (Just kidding, the ONLY time!)

You fit into your wedding dress? WOW! My right thigh doesn't fit into mine. Ummmm...I'm serious. I think my waist was about the size of my thigh. I was too small then, too big now. WAIT! I'm pregnant! We'll continue using that excuse for another two months. Then it's the post baby weight. I'll need help with an acceptable excuse after that ;)

You are an adorable fit little thing. You will look amazing in any dress you choose!

momaof4 said...

What fun!!!
By brother go married in Hawaii, they went on to Maui and we went onto the Big Island. It was a blast!!

Can't wait to hear more about it.
Missed you Tuesday

Unknown said...

How fun! What girl doesn't like trying on wedding dresses?

Molly said...

You are too fun, that's one of the reason why I love you dearly. And you look beautiful in that dress!

Anonymous said...

Just buy the dress and pretend that was the one you wore on your wedding day - rather than the one you could fly away in :) Just joking. I would have worn in, but you were much skinnier than me - darn.

- Linnea
www.scentsy.com/lmgarcia (okay, yes...that was a plug to get some sales)