CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

Check!

I did it...I got through my half marathon without any injuries. What an amazing feeling. I wasn't able to run the entire race, but, I knew that going into it this morning. I had three session of physical therapy this week to just get me to the finish line. This helped dramatically because a week ago I couldn't get passed the 2 mile mark.

Here are a few picture of my day.

Photobucket

Starting line (I was trying to get my garmin watch going)

Photobucket

Two mile mark

Photobucket

Finishing (my knees were killing me by this time)

Photobucket

Enjoying a cup of coffee with my friend Liz. ( She kicked my butt )

Photobucket

My good friend Jess rewarded me with a home cooked meal at my house. (Love her lasagna)

Photobucket

And to finish off the evening with more carbs...Brownies!!!


So glad I did this. Hope this is the first of many!

Thanks Liz for sharing this experience with me.

Thank you Jessica for a wonderful dinner.

Thank you mom and dad for watching the girls so that Dave could cheer me on.

Thank you Dave for many hours of sacrificed sleep so that I could train.

And most of all...God, thank you for answering my prayers and letting me finish without any injuries!

17 comments:

Glory Laine said...

Yeah! I've been waiting for this post. I thought of you during this icky morning and even said a little prayer during communion. Way to finish!

LizzyG said...

Good Golly Ona! We burned 1,360 calories, I think you can afford the lasagna and brownies!

I'm so proud of you, you did such a great job today! I had so much fun, and can't wait for the next one!

Sharon said...

Liz's blog comes first alphabetically on my Google Reader, so I read hers first....I should just copy and paste my comment to her onto your blog, too! You can hop over there and know that that comment applies to you as well! : ) I am just so amazed and inspired that you guys did this!! I thought about you this afternoon when I ran into another friend that ran it, too. I'm so proud of you for getting to the finish line. That is just plain AWESOME!!

Rachel said...

Good Job! And to do it with your injuries is awesome!
My favorite is the picture of you smiling while you running!

Angela said...

Great job Ona! You are so inspiring. What a great friend you have for her to come over and cook dinner!

momaof4 said...

You did awesome!!
Way to work through the pain. I don't mind pain, but I wouldn't of done it!!
And what a great friend to make you dinner! Got to love her.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing accomplishment! I am so proud of you. I really admire the self-discipline that it took to train for a half marathon.

Alida said...

You did it!!! How awesome...you totally rock!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you look so athletic. Good job and I am very proud of you. Now, be sure to rest and take care of yourself.

Tiffany said...

Holy smokes! Look at that cold, cloudy, rainy, stormy weather with that dedicated marathon runner breezing through it like it is nothin'! Great job!

Valerie of Momia said...

Awesome job! Congrats!! :)

Anonymous said...

Ona, Im so proud of you I had tears in my eyes while reading your post. You inspire me to run but those thoughts come and go even faster. You look great. Miss ya, Janell

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I knew you could do it! You guys look so cute in your Nike running apparel...such fun! All your hard work and dedication paid off. How nice of Jessica to make you lasagne and brownies!!

Lindsay said...

Way to go, Ona. You and Liz really inspire me and my WAY SLOW jog. That is awesome. I'm so glad you were able to run and finish with your knees hurting!

Lion Heart said...

god is good and he hears our prayers! i'm glad your knees held up! way to go ona!

Michelle said...

Thanks for your post on my blog! I do feel very encouraged by you and Liz. I am just getting ready to start the treadmill this morning and needed a little inspiration. Have a GREAT weekend!!

Team Johnston said...

Awesome job Ona! I love running. Half marathons are so much fun!
~Danielle :)