CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, October 6, 2008

26.2 whoo-hoo!!!

Today, I'm recovering from finishing my first marathon. My friend Donelle and I ran the Portland Marathon. It was an amazing feeling. A year ago, I would have never guessed I could have done this. With several different running partners, I did it!
My husband and his buddy cheered my on.
Here are some pictures he took along the way.




Posted by Picasa

I finished in 4:44 and 35 seconds.
My proud husband!
He said he teared up a couple times....so sweet!
I know...this is very gross, but I just had to show what 26.2 miles does to a foot:(
I'm hoping to get a pedicure this week.
Jasmynn accomplished a jog-a-thon a few days ago.

She was given a medal at the end of her jog!
Funny thing...I told her I was proud of her and she responded,"this is fake, see, the medal says it's made in China." She cracks my up

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your first marathon! You beat me by 20 minutes!! Get some rest for the next few days!!

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Team Johnston said...

Way to go Ona!! :)
~Danielle :)

Alida said...

Wohoo, Congratulations to both of you ladies. (I knew something was up.)

Alida said...

On the bright side you CAN have a pedicure. I had a male friend who said the t-shirt he wore reeked havoc on his nipples! How in the world do you take care of that?

Ona said...

Alida...not sure, but, OUCH!

Alida said...

He should have worn a man-bra.

Janell said...

Ona, Im so proud of you! I must say I teared up too. It must be in the blood. Way to go. Your inspiring me to start running again. Miss you guys. Janell

Angela said...

Ona you are seriously my hero! I am so proud of you. Your poor foot I mean feet!

Molly said...

Wow, you are amazing! I'm proud of you.

Sharon said...

That is AMAZING!!!! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I really hope you are not going to get a pedicure. Nobody wants to see those toes! Actually, that pic makes your toes look way better then they do in person.

Stefanie said...

Oh my gosh Ona!! Wow - congrats:). Good for you. Do you think you liked it enough to do it again?!

So in awe of you right now:)

Valerie of Momia said...

You...are...CRAZY!! Congrats, crazy lady!! I can't believe how far you've come in only these past few months! WOW!!!! :)

Lion Heart said...

awesome! seriously girl thats awesome. super cute that your hubby teared up!

Rachel said...

That's amazing! You did a great job! I can't even begin to imagine how hard it would be to run that far! Good for you!!!

Tiffany said...

Woo hoo! Look at that hot mama jogging along like she's not even breaking a sweat!