CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 25, 2008

Turning 34 All Weekend



Yesterday I turned 34, but my birthday celebration started Friday.
My morning started with opening a present from my lovely mom. She actually had given me my present last Saturday. Like a good girl I tucked it away behind the TV so I wouldn't be tempted to open it till my actual birthday. She gave the okay to open it before my weekend with my two best friends.
So anyway...I said good bye to my family and headed off to Seaside. Woo-hoo, girls road trip to the beach. I was counting down since Thursday night. The weather was perfect.



We walked along the beach.


We giggled!


We relaxed!


And we shopped, shopped and shopped some more.

We also ate a ton and got to take advantage of the hot tub for a bit each night.

Sorry girls...you're not getting any pictures of us in swimsuits :)

It was so nice to get away, but, have to admit I sure missed my kids and husband.

I finally got home around 1pm and my family surprised me. Well, not actually because my sister spilled the beans on my drive home. So I had to pretend not to know. We all headed to the Olive Garden and ya, I ate some more. Holy Moly, stepping on the scale this morning was not too pretty. Oh well, it's fun to splurge once in awhile. I think the best part was having the waitress not believe me when I told her I was 34. She might have been working for a big tip but it sure made my day.

On top of all the excitement of this weekend my friend had her baby on my birthday. I kept teasing her to wait till the 24th. What a champ!!!


What a cutie!


Thank you all for making my birthday a special one.

11 comments:

LizzyG said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful birthday! I'm so glad you were able to get away and have some fun. And Olive Garden? Yum!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!! I'm glad I have a fellow 34 year old out there. Looks like you had an awesome weekend.

How fun for her not to believe your age. I welcome moments like those. Jason gets very jealous because no one ever questions his age since he's bald.

momaof4 said...

Still can't believe you are 34!! no way girl.

Sounds lovely!! There really is nothing more fun then getting away with the girls for a weekend!!!!

Their Giant said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend. Glad you had fun!

Angela said...

Happy belated Birthday Ona!
It sounds like a you had a great weekend!

Glory Laine said...

Good weather in winter at the beach? Sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing your life with us Ona. Happy Birthday.

Alida said...

Sounds like the pefect birthday. It's awesome when the celebrations last and last.

I keep stealing ideas from other people's blogs. I think going away with friends for my birthday is just the ticket. Thanks!

Happy McNally Mom said...

Happy Birthday girl.

Tiffany said...

I would have to be with the waitress on this one...I would have guessed younger than 34. You have more willpower than I - I can never save my gifts that come in the mail from family or friends. I just HAVE to open them right then and there!

Lion Heart said...

I'm so glad you had a fabulous b-day! A whole weekend away with your fave girls. Ona, don't be silly, you look incredible for your age! I'll miss seeing you this Wednesday night :'(

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I have a birthday card for you that I actually meant to give you BEFORE your day! Not only did I wait until your birthday to have Diego, you helped with the name so I owe you a Starbucks card! As soon as I can get myself out of the house, I'll get you one! :)