CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Prayer Request

Yesterday was my longer run. Yes...we ran eight miles! Hooray for Liz and I, but not my knee. I'm scheduled to work on speed runs these next few days starting tomorrow. I'm limping a bit and don't know why or what has happened. I can use all the prayers I can get for quick healing. My running is very crucial these next few weeks to get me ready for my half marathon.

Thank you!

P.S. Mom if you are reading this I didn't tell you last night because I didn't want you to worry :(

8 comments:

Angela said...

Oh man I will be praying for you!
Good job yesterday!

Rachel said...

Sometimes when I'm having knee issues I take ibuprofen an hour before I run. And if it still hurts...it helps to numb the pain. It's an anti-inflammatory, so it might help!
Good luck!

LizzyG said...

Ona, I'm so sorry about your knee. I really hope that it's not a serious injury. I admire your determination. If I had an injury, I would just use it as an excuse to be lazy! I did have a lot of fun running with you. My favorite part: Finishing at Starbuck's!

momaof4 said...

OH!!! Praying.

Molly said...

How is it going? I will be praying for you that it is nothing serious. You are determined, that is great.

Unknown said...

Oh no! I have a couple of suggestions: try wrapping your knee in an ace bandage before running and when was the last time you replaced your shoes? I had serious trouble with my knees and calves when my shoes wore out. I would avoid speed work!! You are SO determined...I am with Liz, I would definitely use this as an excuse to stop running. :) Good luck to you!! Maybe the books I loaned you have some suggestions??

Lion Heart said...

your in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation. You have an overuse injury and will ony get better with the RICE remedy and that means probably not running for some weeks.