CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 8, 2007

My little buddy :)

So...with some inspiration from Liz I decided a couple weeks ago to train for a 1/2 marathon. I have five more weeks to get ready. Oh dear what am I getting myself into?

Liz and I will be running partners for my longer runs on Tuesdays, but, that still leaves me three other days on my own. Due to our Oregon weather I have to take advantage of any sun breaks. I've got myself a new new partner for these kind of days. She's super cute and manages to stay 2 steps ahead of me at all times.

Meet my running partner, Kaia. Well two partners...bear goes everywhere Kaia goes :)




I had to convert this picture in Black and White due to my lack of make-up and wavy wake up hair.




Even when Kaia falls asleep she still manages to beat me. Not fair!!!

9 comments:

HappyMomma2 said...

You rock Ona. I am proud of you for getting out there and doing something you love. I don't love running, it would be pretty accurate to say that I down right hate it. I might like it if I were graceful, or alittle quicker, or a little lighter, but none of these things are going to happen. So if Liz ever can't make it, please don't ask me-because thats one favor I just can't make happen!

Sharon said...

That is so sweet! And way to go~so proud of you!!

LizzyG said...

Ona, I'm honored to be your running partner, but it looks like Kaia is a little cuter, and I bet she talks less too. So if you want to replace me on Tuesdays I completly understand :)

And you are going to knock 13.1 miles out without breaking a sweat...you are in amazing shape!

I can't wait for Tuesday!
(let's go for 8!)

Rachel said...

I love it! I can't run anywhere without my little running partner.
The best part about pushing her around???? The days you run without her make you feel like you are free, light and oh so fast!

Unknown said...

You have the cutest little running partner ever! The picture of the two of you is so cute, too!!

Angela said...

I am so EXCITED for you!!!
And your pictures are adorable!!!

momaof4 said...

What a cutie!!!

Valerie of Momia said...

I have a little walking partner that stays two steps ahead of me at all times, too! We haven't been out much in this coooooold weather, though. :(

Julie said...

She is such a cutie! You runners amaze me!!!