CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A "Lie" Revealed

Thanks for playing along!

So, here it goes.

1. In college, I embarrassingly co-taught "salsa dancing" to earn a little extra money. Lessons anyone???

Being a Hispanic girl, people assume I have the rhythm of Shakira. Sorry, but, my hips do lie sometimes! However, I did take a jazz dance class in college. It was great fun!

2. My sophomore year in high school I sang and danced my heart out in our high school production "West Side Story."

I think to myself "what in the world was I thinking?" Yes, my sophomore year I did participate in "West Side Story." I think I was "Conchita" something Latino like that:) I was just a side line dancer and singer. I was too shy to try out for anything more! Even though it was so out of my comfort zone, I did enjoy every bit of it. I love to sing.
Oh...Becca, I'm way older than you. You were a freshman when I was a senior. You might have been thinking of my sister.

3. I had my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich shortly after I was 27 years old.

It was shortly after I had Jasmynn that I craved a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Never had I had one, so I thought I'd make myself one. Not bad! Twenty seven, can you believe that?
It wasn't till my mom was 52 that she had her first one, made courtesy of myself:)

Well there you have it.

I'm a deprived closet singer wanna be "Shakira."

8 comments:

Valerie of Momia said...

So the "just so crazy, it must be true" one was true! (I am not very fond of PB&J, probably because I had it so much as a kid. Maybe if I would have waited until I was 27...you never know!!) And you do sing...I didn't know that :)

And whether or not you ever taught dance lessons...I can still "see" you dancing!! ;)

Anonymous said...

I knew it...well, I guess it's cuz I'm your sis, and well, none of us had PB&J sandwhiches as kids. My first one was at 23 and while it wasn't bad, I won't ever eat another one :) Hope you are feeling better.

Glory Laine said...

Shocked! On so many levels!

Lindsay said...

I didn't put in a guess, but Becca sure had me fooled. I remember coming to watch West Side Story when I was in 7th grade! I can't believe the PBJ thing!!

momaof4 said...

Such Fun!!!!
Way to go.
So...if you didn't have PB&J growing up...what did you eat??? :)

Alida said...

Darn, I played wrong! Duh, I was looking for a truth. Lame! Anyway, I just knew the PB&J thing was true.

Anonymous said...

Closet singer? Ha. If it only that were true back in the day. I can still see you with your sheet music in your hand asking me to be your audience. You sang your heart out! Hee hee.

Anonymous aka Baby Sis, Loreena

Rachel said...

I can't believe you had never had PB&J!
It was so nice to see you again at Winco. How funny is it to look across a room and have to take a double take because the face looks so familiar...that and you had that big smile! I hope you had fun on your walk....Scott thought you had walked all the way from your house to the store!!!